The Myth of Gamification in Learning Tech:
How to Actually Build Sustainable Engagement
In this 30min webinar, Michael and Joe explore the science and the soul of gamification; what gamification actually means and why most learning tech gets it wrong.
People don't want more badges!
Gamification has long been touted as a revolutionary approach to learning engagement, but don’t buy into the hype.
By watching this webinar, you will gain a deeper understanding of the science and soul of gamification in learning, allowing you to make informed decisions about its potential use in your own training initiatives.
What do we cover?
- The science and the soul of gamification; what gamification actually means and why most learning tech gets it wrong.
- The difference between Black Hat and White Hat gamification techniques.
- How to design a learning and development programme designed for sustainable engagement.
- What to ask learning technology vendors about their gamification strategies.
Who should watch?
- Trainers seeking innovative approaches to engage students.
- Learning and development professionals looking to enhance training programs.
- HR managers interested in improving employee engagement and retention.
- Gamification enthusiasts and sceptics alike.
Date: June 14, 2023
Time: 2pm GMT+1 / 9am EST
Meet our speakers
Michael Main, Senior Solutions Coach
Michael has a decade of experience in training and L&D, with eight years’ of experience with Learning Technologies, working on multiple award-winning projects from 50 to 150k learners.
Michael has a keen interest in learning methodologies and regularly speaks at industry events.
Joe Hill-Wilson, CCO
Joe has spent the last decade building global scale-ups in people and organisational development roles.
Joe has worked across 4 continents training, managing and consulting and has a deep interest in how performance is affected by identity, culture, system, processes and its people.
Joe is one of the founding team members of Learn Amp, establishing its Customer Success, Solutions and Implementation functions and now operates as Chief Commercial Officer and Lead Solutions Architect.